Dates: Watch for new programs coming soon! Ages 13-17
Sign up now! Email email@example.com for more information.
The need for screen literacy is here to stay. Everywhere you turn, a screen is telling you what to do, what to think, what to buy. So, come and join us for an exciting week of learning how to understand and create using the language of the screen.
This revolutionary, new-media program is a fun, creative college mini-course experience designed to give young people an edge in today’s media culture. By making original film projects, and creating ePortfolio websites, Summer Digital Media students will learn the foundations of communicating effectively in a screen-based world.
Click here for a planned schedule for the week.
Digital Media Summer Experience
- Learn with college professors and other industry professionals for an in-depth, dynamic experience that will forever change the way you relate to the screen.
- Hang out with friends at evening film screenings in the media theatre or work together in state-of-the art editing suites.
- Screen your completed projects with family and friends at our closing Screen Media Festival.
Classes will be taught by Rosebud Institute founder Paul Chilsen, program manager Christine Wells, and college professor, Kari Duffy. Building a tradition upon their successful 2010-2011 pilot program and responding to the growing need for this kind of timely education, these instructors will deliver a progressive, exciting, fun week of training in screen-based media. Since the screen is how we communicate now, students need these basic tools to thrive in an increasingly media-saturated world – a world where appropriateness and competence in screen literacy can make all the difference in a successful, connected future.
- Director, Rosebud Institute
- Chair and Associate Professor Communication and Digital Media
- Program Manager, Rosebud Institute
- Adjunct Faculty, Education Department, Carthage College
Kari Duffy, Ph.D.
- Adjunct Faculty, Communication and Digital Media, Carthage College
- Adjunct Faculty, College of Lake County